1. Only in Africa does the insectivorous plant Gidnora grow. It is more likely to be called a fungus-parasite. Hydnora fruits are eaten by the locals.
2. The African tribe Mursi is considered the most aggressive tribe. Any conflicts are resolved by force and weapons.
3. The largest diamond in the world was found in South Africa.
4. South Africa has the cheapest electricity in the world.
5. Only off the coast of South Africa there are more than 2,000 sunken ships, whose age is more than 500 years.
6. In South Africa, three Nobel Prize winners lived on the same street at once.
7. South Africa, Zimbabwe and Mozambique are tearing down some national park boundaries to create one big nature reserve.
8. In Africa, the first heart transplant was performed in 1967.
9. About 3,000 ethnic groups live in Africa.
10. The largest percentage of malaria cases is in Africa – 90% of cases.