Hello everyone! My name is Jeroen van Rossum. About 17 years ago I became an instructor in a dog school and a few years later, after obtaining the required diplomas, I upgraded myself to Dog Behavior Therapist. Over the years I’ve seen hundreds of dogs with all kinds of behavior(al problems), in the dog schools where I worked and at their homes. Nowadays I don’t teach anymore but still help an occasional problem dog with the behaviors of its people. 😉
Thanks to this job and our own 3 Belgian Shepherds I learned to look at life through dogs eyes more and more. This opened a whole new world and because of the numerous typical and funny situations I wanted to make a comic strip about it for a long time, but… never had the time to do it.
Today, I still don’t have the time but I decided to ignore that small negligible detail and go for it anyway.
My comic strip Dogs Don’t Whisper (they really don’t, Mr. C.M.) features different dogs every week. Sometimes it’s pure fantasy, sometimes it’s close to reality and in a few cases it’s literally what happened in real life.
My goal is to make people smile and let them learn a little bit about that dogs point of view along the way.
1. Cats… they just can’t help themselves when it comes down to their hunting instincts.
2. This one happened for real. When our first pup met our cat for the first time!
3. When your dog doesn’t know he makes the holes himself but thinks he discovers them! My own yard once looked like this when my 2nd pup “discovered” underground holes.
4. Blah blah blah!
5. Easter egg hunting. Based on real stories of real vets.
6. Brain size. If people were more like dogs the world would be a so much better place.
7. What’s with all that howling at the moon actually?